TetraMap International Limited is a registered company, located in New Zealand. Our website address is https://www.tetramap.com. Our principal business activity is the authoring and distribution of resources for training facilitation.
TetraMap International Privacy Notice Updated 20th May 2018.
Here, you can find out how we safeguard your information and how we use it to improve our products and services for the benefit of all our customers and website users.
The nature of our business means that, from time to time, we’ll require some personal details from our customers and website users.
The data we collect could just be a name and an email address, but depending on your level of engagement with TetraMap, it could be much more than that.
The personal information you’ve shared with us, along with data on how you use our websites – what you search for and what preferences you select, for example – help us to better understand our customers as a group and as individuals. This, in turn, helps us to provide a range of products and services that meet your needs.
How we protect your data
When you share your personal information with any company, you have a right to expect that information to be treated with total confidentiality.
Your privacy is extremely important to us. We’re committed to protecting any personal information you’ve given us, and we comply with all relevant data protection laws.
This means that:
- we take full responsibility for the information we hold about you
- we will protect your privacy at all times
- we will never sell your personal information
These explain how your personal data is being managed and safeguarded by us, including:
- what information we collect about you
- how we collect and use this information
- how we safeguard the information you’ve provided
- your rights in relation to the information we hold about you
- how to report abuse
We know that you care how your personal information is used and we appreciate that you trust us to do that carefully and sensibly.
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how we (TetraMap International) collect and use your personal information. We want you to make informed decisions when using our websites and any features on them, including any registration and e-commerce services.
This Privacy Notice applies to all the pages on our sites linking to this Privacy Notice and any features of them and any e-commerce, purchasing or other areas such as the TetraPanel which require registration on our sites. However, it won’t apply to any third-party sites which are linked to our sites.
We recommend that you read the privacy notice of any such sites that you visit as we are not responsible for them.
When we refer to our website or sites, we mean any of our websites or applications from which you have accessed this Privacy Notice.
We have included full details of who we are at the end of this Privacy Notice.
What information does TetraMap International collect about me? Personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (phone numbers, email address and addresses), job, organisation, course information, instrument responses, images supplied by you, credit card or billing information, shopping selections and data about the pages you visit and your other activity on our site, as well as any other personal information relating to you that you supply to us.
Some of our sites may also collect other information that you supply to us, such as information relating to your education, skills or job experience, where relevant in the context of the site or the services provided through the site. Except where stated otherwise on the site at the time such personal information is submitted, it is only processed for the purposes for which you have submitted it to us.
Information we collect in order to provide a responsive and efficient service to our customers, TetraMap International Limited collects information about visitors to its website, including address, email address, and phone number from those who register, create profiles on the site, or order products or services. We also collect and may analyse information from completed TetraMap instruments so that training facilitators can provide feedback to workshop participants about the profile of the group.
When you visit pages on our site, we automatically record information from your browser, including your IP address, TetraMap International Limited cookie information, and pages that you request.
When you become a certified facilitator, we allow you to populate a profile with information that you choose to disclose about yourself and your business that will be accessible to any visitor to our site once your profile is made active.
When you register on our site, enter account profiling information, or order products and services, our automated forms prompt you to enter personal information such as name, email address, and telephone contact details, and the TetraMap Account profile, billing and delivery details screens allow you to enter additional information, including further addresses and your company’s name. We also collect information concerning your transactions with us and your use of our products and services.
When a participant completes a TetraMap instrument, it must be collected and returned to us, and information from it may be entered into our database. The information we collect includes the location and date of the workshop during which the instrument was completed, and personal information such as individual TetraMap scores, date of birth, gender, role, and industry sector. names and email are collected.
When you complete an online TetraMap Taster, we log your name and email address and we also collect the selections you have made.
How does TetraMap International collect my personal information?
We collect your information in two ways:
- Personal information you choose to disclose. You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on our site, complete the TetraMap Instrument when you register for any features on our site that require registration, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you order goods or services from us.
We will inform you prior to collecting your personal information what it is for. We will explain the consequences of not providing voluntary personal information.
In a separate automatic operation, the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website, application or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to:
- work out how many times our site has been visited
- record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site
- understand the effectiveness of our email communications
This tracking data is done by a third party in an anonymised form for uses in connection with our site.
What will TetraMap International do with my personal information?
We use your personal information for a variety of business purposes which are in our legitimate interests (“Business Purposes”), and/or in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), and/or with your consent (“Consent”), and/or compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). For example, we may use your personal information:
- to provide you with the relevant services through our applicable site, for Contractual Reasons
- to process your online purchases, for Contractual Reasons
- to inform you about and provide more information on products and services offered by us and our group companies, for our Business Purposes or with your Consent
- to invite you to participate in surveys, discussions and webinars and ask for your views on our services via online surveys and discussion forums, for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent
- to analyse information from TetraMap instruments, so that workshop participants and others may view themselves and the groups within which they work in the context of larger scale statistics.
- to improve the products and services offered to you for our Business Purposes
- for marketing for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent
- for statistical or analytical purposes for our Business Purposes
- to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud for our Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons
- to otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers for our Business Purposes
We will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
Participation in surveys and discussion forums is entirely voluntary. You may unsubscribe from being contacted for these purposes at any time. Survey information will be used for market research with the aim of improving our services.
We will show your username on any content you submit or post on our sites (including discussions, blogs and forums).
For how long will TetraMap International keep my personal information?
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing your personal information unless the law permits or requires longer. For example, we might need to keep your personal data for quality assurance of the service we have provided, or we might need to keep it to defend future legal claims.
Email marketing and opt-out
We will not send you marketing emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
How does TetraMap International keep my personal information safe?
We seek to protect the safety of all your personal information by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures. For example, provided your browser accepts HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol) Secure encryption, we seek to protect your payment information against unauthorised access through a secure server. Where we use third parties to process personal information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information.
Any personal information that you voluntarily post on a public area of our site, such as a bulletin board or discussion forum, or an interactive area requiring registration and/or subscription, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.
We may analyse or may permit Certified TetraMap Facilitators to analyse data from our instrument database and publish it in a format in which the information is aggregated at a level beyond which any individual information may be identified.
Will TetraMap International share my information with anyone else?
We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share your personal information:
- our service providers (including, for example, credit reference agencies and payment processors, distributors/agents of our products, suppliers who develop or host our sites)
- third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default if required or permitted by law
- relevant third parties if we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law (for example, if you have posted defamatory content on our sites) or if required to do so in accordance with applicable law.
Will TetraMap International send my personal information to another country?
We may transfer your personal information to other countries around the world, including countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may not have the same data protection laws as those of the country where you access our sites.
What rights do I have?
In some regions, such as the EEA (European Economic Area), you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to:
- request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information
- rectification of your personal information if it is no longer accurate or erasure of your personal information if our retention is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
- restrict or object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- data portability (if applicable)
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information please send your request to us using the details set out in the “Contacting TetraMap International ” section below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You may also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner (if you are in the UK) or to your local data protection supervisory authority if you are unhappy with our privacy practices notified under this Privacy Notice.
What if I am under 16 years old?
If you are under 16, please be sure to read this Privacy Notice with your parent or guardian and ask them questions about anything you don’t understand.
Misuse of personal information
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our sites or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.
We may immediately suspend or terminate your access to our site without notice if we become aware that you are in breach of applicable terms and conditions of use or of this Privacy Notice.
Controlling your information you may check, correct, update or alter any personal information that we hold on you in the following ways:
- by altering your own TetraMap Account profile information using your login and password;
- by contacting us directly with reasonable proof of identity, to request changes to, or ask about the information we hold on you, or to ask for your My TetraMap Profile and Account to be changed or deleted.
- by requesting your personal information via our online form (logged in users only). We will collect the data from all our sources and send it to you for your records.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will always include the date of a new version so that you know when there has been a change.
What are cookies?
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see the list below). Be aware that disabling cookies will reduce the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit so that some features may not work. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Third party cookies
This site uses Google Analytics, one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web, to help us understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages you visit so that we can continue to produce engaging content and improve how our website works.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
By using our site you agree that we may place these types of cookies on your device.
Third party websites and social networks
If you click on a hyperlink from our site to any third party websites (e.g. if you ‘share’ content from TetraMap International’s website with friends or colleagues through social networks), you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. Third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies which TetraMap International cannot control. Please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
We Mainly use three Third party cloud applications. The first being Google for email and document storage, secondly we use Mailchimp for Newsletters and group emails to Facilitators, and finally we use Xero as our accounting software.
If you would like to see their privacy policies please go tho their sites below:
We hope that has clarified things for you. As was previously mentioned, if you aren’t sure whether you need a particular feature or function it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case disabling them does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
For more information, please contact us via the contact form.